Emiily Lodge Nainital
Emily Lodge was built in 1864 by an Englishman by the name of Dr. Stevens, it was bought by the recent owner Mr. C.K.Singh in 1969 and along with the house came all the antiques that gloriously adorn the nooks and corners of Emiily lodge reminiscent of an era gone by.
The stories about Dr. Stevens were narrated as a first hand account to the present owner Sri C.K Singh by a very old gardener 'Dan Singh' who had served under Dr. Stevens as a young man, he had fantastic tales to tell of the good old days. He spoke of fabulous hunting trips with the then middle aged doctor.
Dan singh also spoke passionately about "karbet sahib" who if Dan Singh is to be believed was the losest friend that Dr. Stevens had, and vice-versa. The point is amply proven to be correct as the only other existing British bungalow in the vicinity is the "gurney house" the house of Jim Corbett the famous hunter of man eating tigers and leopards. Dr. Stevens and Jim Corbett were not only neighbors and closest friends but also shared their love of the outdoors and a passion for game.
>>>>Read more ..